Skip to main content

Baklava in Kathmandu

 

Baklavas are considered the Mount Everest of pastry making and what better delight than to know that they are, now, available here in the country that Mount Everest is situated? TazaTreats, newly initiated by Taza brings to you this delicacy.

A fine treat with walnuts or pistachios in layers coated with sugar, Baklavas are an explosion of flavor in your mouth. A dessert from the Middle East, first brought in from the Turkish or Greek heritage, Baklavas are a new thing in Nepal. But you’d be more than happy to know that the taste is something that would fit well with the Nepali palate.

Baklavas are slowly gaining attention around the valley. I see that more and more people have been trying them out. And they come in these beautiful handcrafted boxes, making the experience even more worthwhile.

When we first got a box, after clicking enough pictures, of course, I had to inky pinky my way to choose which Baklava I should go for first. They’re just right for sharing or surprising someone. You’ll be in awe of how attractive they look, almost too precious to eat. Baked to perfection, these golden pastries are sure to make your day brighter.

They are a tad bit expensive for the average Nepali sweets market. But considering the time and the effort that goes into making them, and the pieces that come within the range, the price can be regarded.

Are they worth the hype? YES!  A must try! You can pre-order Baklavas at TazaTreats. TazaTreats has also recently starting taking orders from Pokhara!  

Instagram :@tazatreats  

DM them or call them directly.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rajamati

I think we’ve all heard the song of Rajamati growing up. It is so popular that many people in Nepal claim this is the only Newari song that they have heard. The song was written some 200 years back. The first few lines go like this, which I’m sure you must have heard of, unless you’ve been living under a rock: Rājamati kumati, jike wasā pirati Hāya bābā Rājamati-chā Rājamati mabila dhāsā Kāshi wane tela bubā Hayā biu Rājamati-chā. San dhāsā kuli kuli, mikhā dhāsā bālā bālā Sakumi yā mhyāy machā lā Khwā dhāsā tuyu khwā, khwālay niga tee du Tāhā Nani yā Rājamati-chā. It is said to be written by or rather from the perspective of a man who was infatuated and in awe of the beauty of Rajamati. He describes with great admiration: her hair, her eyes, her complexion and the little moles on her face. However it is unknown who the writer of this beautiful song is. The song rushed into popularity after it was played in England in 1850 when Prime Minister Jung Bahadur Rana vi

The Leaving vs The Left Behind

  I still remember,  I was standing near the entrance looking out at the garden. I was at my best friend’s home and she had gone to get her ever famous chips chilly for me. I was to leave for Bangalore again, in a couple of days. While I waited, I looked out at the garden and this thought came into my head. “Who is it harder for? The one leaving or the ones left behind?” Is it going to be harder for me in a new place readjusting and exploring, or my best friend here, who will me miss me? Is it harder for a person to settle in a completely new place with a completely new lifestyle and have to find new people or for a person to see the same old places, the same old alleys and reminiscent the good times they had with their friend who are not around at the moment? It was a random thought that filled my mind a couple of minutes and then I got over it. Some time after resettling here in Bangalore, my best friend sent me a reel. The reel was about 2 close friends who used to lived minutes a

Most Asked Question

  Coming back home after one year has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me the past month. Getting to see everyone again, embracing family and friends, working on an office desk again, walking through same old alleys and of course, devouring delicious food that I so dearly missed. I am actually almost through the food list that I have been saving. But the people have been asking me the same question a lot: do you like it here in Nepal or in Bangalore? And the answer has always been the same for me: I like it wherever I am. Kathmandu is home, it is warm, and it is where family is. Bangalore is a different vibe and freedom and excitement. Kathmandu is a different fun and Bangalore is different fun, which is why I live in the moment and enjoy where I am. My mother always tells me: “ La wani tha nya wani ma” in Nepal Bhasa meaning “ the fish must go where the water goes”. The meaning while very basic is also very deep. If the fish does not flow with the water, it cannot survive. If yo