Skip to main content

Best Burger in Town





Okay, just to be clear: I’m no big shot food critic here. Nor am I a food blogger.  And with reference to the recent post in “The Kathmandu Post” and the controversy that followed: I’m not being paid to write this either. And I won’t lie, I was inspired by How I Met your Mother’s Season 4 episode 2: The Best Burger in New York to write this.

So why am I writing this? Come on: its burgers! And I’m sorry, but all places do not make great burgers as they claim they do. They may look good, but they’re deceiving you! Yeah, someone had to put it out there. If you’re thinking its Lunch Box, let me cut the chase and say it outright, that it’s not. While popular at its initial stage, and for a couple of years in its run, Lunch Box has been losing its edge, especially after they have hiked the prices. They are doing great at, well, lunch boxing but as a burgers and sandwich places, I wouldn’t say so. I mean, diced veggies for filling that fall all over the place as you’re stuffing your face? Really?

Of course, this is my opinion, and I know that everyone is not entitled to agree with me. People might have different palate of taste. Okay, how about that popular place at New Road? RD’s burgers. That place used to be swarmed with people, all waiting in line to have their favorite burgers. A couple of friends had recommended it saying as I quote it: you just have to try it! And try I did! I was also hugely disappointed. So that’s a no – no too.

My friend introduced me to burgers at AT burger point of Natole and in her privilege, we had a couple of burgers there. They were good. But when I tried the AT burger point of Gyaneshwor, sadly, I just did not find the same consistency, and now the burger joint of Natole, Patan has closed down already.

If this were Bikini Bottom, we’d be going crazy and over the top for some Krabby Patties made by Spongebob SquarePants! Unfortunately, we are not, and the Krabby Patties that are found at Fryday’s, Jhamsikhel (kudos for that creative name; triggered some childhood memories) are not even remotely good.

Now that some not good places for burgers have been mentioned, let’s go for the good ones. Before we go for the best one, let’s have a few honorable mentions (in no particular order):

-          Samsara coffee

-          Nina’s

-          Workshop Eatery (although they’re a bit expensive)

-          Flat Iron Grill

-          Yellow Pomelo

But the absolute best one?

Drumroll please!

It’s Burger Shack.

Their burgers may not be fancy with lettuce and the extra veggies: they’re simple, but oh do they hit the spot!

The baconizer burger here absolutely steals the spotlight. It’s tender, it’s juicy, it’s everything you want in a burger. The Burger Shack is generous with jalapeno peppers that just takes the taste to a whole new level. And if you’re there, do try the refresher too.

Feel free to share which burger you find best in town!

Comments

  1. The person who are paitient of any diasease he will not worry anymore he can contact best online doctor in lahore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today everyone seems to be talking about ‘lifestyle’, especially in terms of weight loss and taking charge of your health. Most people however, are clueless. They want to get healthier but don’t know where to begin. Now you can
    find a doctor online in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rajamati

I think we’ve all heard the song of Rajamati growing up. It is so popular that many people in Nepal claim this is the only Newari song that they have heard. The song was written some 200 years back. The first few lines go like this, which I’m sure you must have heard of, unless you’ve been living under a rock: Rājamati kumati, jike wasā pirati Hāya bābā Rājamati-chā Rājamati mabila dhāsā Kāshi wane tela bubā Hayā biu Rājamati-chā. San dhāsā kuli kuli, mikhā dhāsā bālā bālā Sakumi yā mhyāy machā lā Khwā dhāsā tuyu khwā, khwālay niga tee du Tāhā Nani yā Rājamati-chā. It is said to be written by or rather from the perspective of a man who was infatuated and in awe of the beauty of Rajamati. He describes with great admiration: her hair, her eyes, her complexion and the little moles on her face. However it is unknown who the writer of this beautiful song is. The song rushed into popularity after it was played in England in 1850 when Prime Minister Jung Bahadur Rana vi

The Leaving vs The Left Behind

  I still remember,  I was standing near the entrance looking out at the garden. I was at my best friend’s home and she had gone to get her ever famous chips chilly for me. I was to leave for Bangalore again, in a couple of days. While I waited, I looked out at the garden and this thought came into my head. “Who is it harder for? The one leaving or the ones left behind?” Is it going to be harder for me in a new place readjusting and exploring, or my best friend here, who will me miss me? Is it harder for a person to settle in a completely new place with a completely new lifestyle and have to find new people or for a person to see the same old places, the same old alleys and reminiscent the good times they had with their friend who are not around at the moment? It was a random thought that filled my mind a couple of minutes and then I got over it. Some time after resettling here in Bangalore, my best friend sent me a reel. The reel was about 2 close friends who used to lived minutes a

Most Asked Question

  Coming back home after one year has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me the past month. Getting to see everyone again, embracing family and friends, working on an office desk again, walking through same old alleys and of course, devouring delicious food that I so dearly missed. I am actually almost through the food list that I have been saving. But the people have been asking me the same question a lot: do you like it here in Nepal or in Bangalore? And the answer has always been the same for me: I like it wherever I am. Kathmandu is home, it is warm, and it is where family is. Bangalore is a different vibe and freedom and excitement. Kathmandu is a different fun and Bangalore is different fun, which is why I live in the moment and enjoy where I am. My mother always tells me: “ La wani tha nya wani ma” in Nepal Bhasa meaning “ the fish must go where the water goes”. The meaning while very basic is also very deep. If the fish does not flow with the water, it cannot survive. If yo