Skip to main content

Healing

 


I must have been 6 or 7 years old, then. I thought I saw something in our yard and went straight to see what it was. I bumped face first into the window that was open. I didn’t see it. It hurt, but I was scared to tell my mother. I didn’t want a scolding for being careless. I went upstairs. My eldest brother was watching television. I told him what just happened and he put some medicine on the wound that had now become evident on my face. Back then, I only associated healing with wounds: scrapes on the knees, bruises on the elbows, cuts on your faces. You fell, you injured yourself, you had a wound and the wound needed healing. That was the way healing worked, or at least the way I saw it. But, healing is so much more.

I was naïve enough to think that was the only healing there could be in the world, or at least could not understand enough. That could work for your visible wounds. But what about wounds that no one can see? Not even yourself? That kind of healing needs much more time; sometimes even years. And the healing works differently for every individual.

You need to heal from the hurtful words someone has thrown at you, intentionally or unintentionally. You might as well need healing from the unwanted judgement someone has passed at you. You need to handle yourself well after doing so much for someone and then realizing you barely matter to them. You can heal yourself from all that stress you take upon your shoulders. You could take a stand and heal from all the memories in your past that hurt your heart.

Because honestly, what matters is who you are today, what you are today and how you are today. Anything that does not sit with peace in your life, you might as well give it a second thought. How you heal totally depends on you. Take a break; stretch your back, go for a long walk or a drive, go on a vacation, catch up with your best friend for a coffee, read a book or exercise. Anything that works for you, anything that makes you feel good is how you can heal from all that unwanted things and hurtful things in your life and do not let anyone else tell you otherwise.  Do not think that healing is only limited to wounds because it is not.

Heal yourself; heal from within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Nails: PrettyNails by PrettyClick

  There was a time when a splash of paint on your fingertips did the trick, popped up your hand and gave you that little boost you needed. But now, your nails are a canvas that you can create art on. And when I say art, I mean art. It’s called nail art: simple and right to the point. Whoever named them rightfully did it justice. Your nails will thank you for the glory and the bright colors and honestly, who can blame you for the umpteenth time you glance at your hands all day? Nail art has become insanely popular this decade. Extensions, gel polish, glitter, stones, marble effect, it’s a whole other world out there. It’s the perfect way of showing your style and  PrettyNails by PrettyClick covers it all. Here are 25 gorgeous designs and styles that are perfect this spring and summer at  PrettyNails by PrettyClick : Queen of Hearts Let the world know how happy you feel from the inside. This hearts on your tips will make you smile throughout the day. The Fest...

Rajamati

I think we’ve all heard the song of Rajamati growing up. It is so popular that many people in Nepal claim this is the only Newari song that they have heard. The song was written some 200 years back. The first few lines go like this, which I’m sure you must have heard of, unless you’ve been living under a rock: Rājamati kumati, jike wasā pirati Hāya bābā Rājamati-chā Rājamati mabila dhāsā Kāshi wane tela bubā Hayā biu Rājamati-chā. San dhāsā kuli kuli, mikhā dhāsā bālā bālā Sakumi yā mhyāy machā lā Khwā dhāsā tuyu khwā, khwālay niga tee du Tāhā Nani yā Rājamati-chā. It is said to be written by or rather from the perspective of a man who was infatuated and in awe of the beauty of Rajamati. He describes with great admiration: her hair, her eyes, her complexion and the little moles on her face. However it is unknown who the writer of this beautiful song is. The song rushed into popularity after it was played in England in 1850 when Prime Minister Jung Bahadur Rana vi...

Best Places for Breakfast in Kathmandu

The only reason I love sleep, more than the reason that, well, it’s sleep, is that it’s like time travelling to breakfast.  Yeah, no kidding. Breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Whoever named that meal breakfast, was straightforward. I don’t know who named lunch and dinner, but the breakfast guy? He cut in straight to the point, didn’t he? Because breakfast is literally breaking your 8-10 hours fast. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper, they say. So, you don’t really want to compromise on breakfast now, do you? Now, this is no backlashing, but in many restaurants around town, the most breakfast things they have on the menu are omelet and toast. Yeah, I was disappointed too. There’s this restaurant in Mangal Bazar, where my best friend and I met up early morning. We decided to have breakfast. The restaurant overlooks the courtyard so it’s a beautiful place to talk over a cup of coffee or tea. She and I ordered a cheese ...