Skip to main content

Easy Pasta Salad


How do you like your pasta? Do you like it hot with sauce? Or do you like it tossed salad style? You know what: why choose when you can have both? It’s perfect for barbeque, or picnics, or just as a side dish.

Here is what you’re going to need

1 bag of pasta

(The shape is totally to your preference)

1 jar of mayonnaise

1 pack of cheese spread or cream cheese (whichever you can find)

Salt to your liking

Pepper to your liking

1 onion

1 green bell pepper

1 carrot

½ cabbage

3 eggs

This will not take long, trust me. The preparation time will take anywhere from 20 to 25 minutes.

Instructions

  1. Chop up your onion and your cabbage
  2. Grate that carrot
  3. Cut up your bell pepper and lightly sautée those on a pan
  4. Get a pot of water ready and put in your eggs. We want them hard boiled so keep a close eye on the pot for about 10 to 12 minutes
  5. While you’ve got your eggs going, take another pot and pour in some water for your pasta. When the water starts to boil, add a pinch of salt and toss in the pasta in accordance of your serving estimation.
  6. Take a bowl and pour in about half the jar of the mayonnaise and half the pack of cheese spread. Mix well
  7. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
  8. Toss in your vegetables in the bowl and mix well.
  9. When your eggs are done, take them out of the pot and put them in a bowl of ice cold water for a while. This should make peeling the eggs easier.
  10. Check on your pasta. We want them al dente. When it’s done, take it and drain the pasta through a colander. Run it through cold water once more.
  11. Add a splash of olive oil to your pasta.
  12. Peel your eggs and smash them to bits with a fork. Then add them to the mayo and veggies bowl. Mix again.
  13. Add your pasta to the bowl and give the bowl a final mix.

You can have it just as it as or you can chill it in the fridge. It is good either way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajamati

I think we’ve all heard the song of Rajamati growing up. It is so popular that many people in Nepal claim this is the only Newari song that they have heard. The song was written some 200 years back. The first few lines go like this, which I’m sure you must have heard of, unless you’ve been living under a rock: Rājamati kumati, jike wasā pirati Hāya bābā Rājamati-chā Rājamati mabila dhāsā Kāshi wane tela bubā Hayā biu Rājamati-chā. San dhāsā kuli kuli, mikhā dhāsā bālā bālā Sakumi yā mhyāy machā lā Khwā dhāsā tuyu khwā, khwālay niga tee du Tāhā Nani yā Rājamati-chā. It is said to be written by or rather from the perspective of a man who was infatuated and in awe of the beauty of Rajamati. He describes with great admiration: her hair, her eyes, her complexion and the little moles on her face. However it is unknown who the writer of this beautiful song is. The song rushed into popularity after it was played in England in 1850 when Prime Minister Jung Bahadur Rana vi

The Leaving vs The Left Behind

  I still remember,  I was standing near the entrance looking out at the garden. I was at my best friend’s home and she had gone to get her ever famous chips chilly for me. I was to leave for Bangalore again, in a couple of days. While I waited, I looked out at the garden and this thought came into my head. “Who is it harder for? The one leaving or the ones left behind?” Is it going to be harder for me in a new place readjusting and exploring, or my best friend here, who will me miss me? Is it harder for a person to settle in a completely new place with a completely new lifestyle and have to find new people or for a person to see the same old places, the same old alleys and reminiscent the good times they had with their friend who are not around at the moment? It was a random thought that filled my mind a couple of minutes and then I got over it. Some time after resettling here in Bangalore, my best friend sent me a reel. The reel was about 2 close friends who used to lived minutes a

Most Asked Question

  Coming back home after one year has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me the past month. Getting to see everyone again, embracing family and friends, working on an office desk again, walking through same old alleys and of course, devouring delicious food that I so dearly missed. I am actually almost through the food list that I have been saving. But the people have been asking me the same question a lot: do you like it here in Nepal or in Bangalore? And the answer has always been the same for me: I like it wherever I am. Kathmandu is home, it is warm, and it is where family is. Bangalore is a different vibe and freedom and excitement. Kathmandu is a different fun and Bangalore is different fun, which is why I live in the moment and enjoy where I am. My mother always tells me: “ La wani tha nya wani ma” in Nepal Bhasa meaning “ the fish must go where the water goes”. The meaning while very basic is also very deep. If the fish does not flow with the water, it cannot survive. If yo