Skip to main content

The Most Powerful Tool




I know this is random, but I was just thinking the other day when I was on my scooter, riding through the roads of Kupondole: every vehicle created, every vehicle rushing along this road was a part of someone’s imagination. You know how sometimes a certain thought takes you along the train of thoughts? It just mesmerizes me how and what kind of things have been created throughout time.

Man needed, so he created. Someday, someone must have thought: what if we could reach some place faster rather than on foot? ; The consequence of which we see today. Some other must have thought what if we could fly to some place? Some other must have thought the concept of travelling on water; someone must have felt the need to talk to their loved ones miles away and the telephone was created; it must have clicked to somebody else that they wanted to view the person that they were talking to. Cars, ships, airplanes, telephones, mobile phones, computers, televisions, radios: it is just not one invention that has made lives so much easier. And nor am I saying that this is all the creativity of a single person. But to think, that they were in some time just a part of somebody’s imagination, the answer to curiosity, and the solution to what ifs? And all because there was need.

That need drove the most powerful tool: the mind, to create what had seemed skeptical before. Of course, this is no end to the creativity and the innovations that are yet to come. Just think of what other things we are likely to see in the near future? It both intrigues me and scares me to wonder what more the human mind is capable of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajamati

I think we’ve all heard the song of Rajamati growing up. It is so popular that many people in Nepal claim this is the only Newari song that they have heard. The song was written some 200 years back. The first few lines go like this, which I’m sure you must have heard of, unless you’ve been living under a rock: Rājamati kumati, jike wasā pirati Hāya bābā Rājamati-chā Rājamati mabila dhāsā Kāshi wane tela bubā Hayā biu Rājamati-chā. San dhāsā kuli kuli, mikhā dhāsā bālā bālā Sakumi yā mhyāy machā lā Khwā dhāsā tuyu khwā, khwālay niga tee du Tāhā Nani yā Rājamati-chā. It is said to be written by or rather from the perspective of a man who was infatuated and in awe of the beauty of Rajamati. He describes with great admiration: her hair, her eyes, her complexion and the little moles on her face. However it is unknown who the writer of this beautiful song is. The song rushed into popularity after it was played in England in 1850 when Prime Minister Jung Bahadur Rana vi

The Leaving vs The Left Behind

  I still remember,  I was standing near the entrance looking out at the garden. I was at my best friend’s home and she had gone to get her ever famous chips chilly for me. I was to leave for Bangalore again, in a couple of days. While I waited, I looked out at the garden and this thought came into my head. “Who is it harder for? The one leaving or the ones left behind?” Is it going to be harder for me in a new place readjusting and exploring, or my best friend here, who will me miss me? Is it harder for a person to settle in a completely new place with a completely new lifestyle and have to find new people or for a person to see the same old places, the same old alleys and reminiscent the good times they had with their friend who are not around at the moment? It was a random thought that filled my mind a couple of minutes and then I got over it. Some time after resettling here in Bangalore, my best friend sent me a reel. The reel was about 2 close friends who used to lived minutes a

Most Asked Question

  Coming back home after one year has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me the past month. Getting to see everyone again, embracing family and friends, working on an office desk again, walking through same old alleys and of course, devouring delicious food that I so dearly missed. I am actually almost through the food list that I have been saving. But the people have been asking me the same question a lot: do you like it here in Nepal or in Bangalore? And the answer has always been the same for me: I like it wherever I am. Kathmandu is home, it is warm, and it is where family is. Bangalore is a different vibe and freedom and excitement. Kathmandu is a different fun and Bangalore is different fun, which is why I live in the moment and enjoy where I am. My mother always tells me: “ La wani tha nya wani ma” in Nepal Bhasa meaning “ the fish must go where the water goes”. The meaning while very basic is also very deep. If the fish does not flow with the water, it cannot survive. If yo